Data Analytics Graduate Certificate
Rapid changes in technology have transformed and established ways of doing business, and with that, the demand for job skills has changed. Today’s organizations make strategic decisions based on large amounts of data, creating a high demand for those who understand data analytics. Industries including accounting and financial services, energy, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, and consumer products need employees who can transform raw data into strategic insight.
INTRODUCTION TO ANALYTICS
This course focuses on the use of analytical and statistical tools for decision-making and applies these tools in the area of business intelligence. Topics include data collection, descriptive statistics, ANOVA and communicating quantitative thinking.
COLLECTING AND ANALYZING DATA USING R
This course emphasizes the practical application of knowledge and skills that will enable a data analyst to collect data from multiple sources, import and clean data, and efficiently analyze the data.
COMPUTATIONAL STATISTICS USING R
This course emphasizes the practical application of knowledge and skills that will enable an analyst to conduct rigorous and statistically sound multivariate analyses. Covers multiple regression, logistic regression, exploratory factor analysis, structural equation modeling, path analysis and confirmatory analysis.
DATA VISUALIZATION USING TABLEAU
This course helps the data analyst design compelling visuals that convert raw data into data visualizations that go beyond the use of spreadsheets and tables.
Join us to learn more about earning your Data Analytics Graduate Certificate, the newest program offered by Millsaps College Else School of Management.
TBD Fall 2021
- Chris Rials, Director of Graduate Admissions, Millsaps College
- Millsaps Else School of Management faculty
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- Four online courses offered in the evening to allow you to continue working.
- Courses provided in a shortened 6-week class period.
- Complete in 12 months so you can put your knowledge and skills to work immediately.
- Start any term; no cohorts.
- Project based work; no exams.
- All four courses can be applied to our MBA or Master of Accountancy programs.
- Tuition discounts available.
- Course: Statistics with regression*
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from your undergraduate institution indicating you have received a bachelor’s degree
*Taken the course, but need to brush up on your skills OR if you have not taken the course, we have a solution.
- Fall 2021 Session 1: TBD
- Fall 2021 Session 2: TBD
- Spring 2022 Session 1: TBD
- Spring 2022 Session 2: TBD